Activate your McAfee | www.mcafee.com/activate
Activate your McAfee | www.mcafee.com/activate
Activate your McAfee
Initially launched by some other company, McAfee has now been acquired by Intel and so it is known as Intel Security while keeping the McAfee brand name intact along with this new tag. Acquisition of McAfee has bestowed it with a new feature which proves that it has undoubtedly improved its quality or must say the ability to detect and correct threats.
This new feature is its money-back guarantee means if McAfee gets failed to detect even a single virus on your system, the money you paid for the software will be returned back to you. Though McAfee is just antivirus software, its features are not just similar to that of the basic security programs but it includes some more features in it. One such feature is its quick clean feature because of which it scans the system for junk files, shortcuts, and temporary files and keeps on cleaning them after taking the admin’s permission.
Here is the complete process to activate your McAfee.
You need to either order McAfee antivirus online or go to a retail store to purchase it.
But in both the cases what you have to do by yourself is to activate your McAfee software on the system. www.mcafee.com/activate
Get ensured that no other security program is already installed on the system. If any such program exists there, then remove them. Your system should be connected to a high-speed internet connection on which antivirus program has to be installed.
Now you can learn how to activate McAfee software on the system.
The following are the steps to activate your McAfee on the system.
- To Activate your McAfee, the first step is to open any browser on the system and go to www.mcafee.com/activate.
- Now redeem your McAfee activation code and login to your McAfee account. If you don’t have a McAfee account see section in the downside.
- Download the McAfee security setup file from the website.
- If you have a CD, put it into an appropriate drive and save the program on the computer system.
- Now run the setup file and follow the instructions to activate your McAfee.
- Allow Windows to run the setup file when prompt for its permission. Also, you can choose the language, country and custom settings as per your wish.
- Agree with terms and conditions and hit install.
- Once the installation is complete, the next screen will prompt to finish the process. Click ‘Finish’ to complete the process to activate your MacAfee | www.mcafee.com/activate
- Now the software initiates to put the password and utilize all the security features that your program offers.
- Restart the computer now and scan the system to check the working of antivirus software you have just installed.
This was how to activate your McAfee
Creating a McAfee account at the time of activating McAfee at www.mcafee.com/activate
- When you reach the www.mcafee.com/activate page then it asks for your McAfee activation code. When you put it in again it asks to login to your McAfee account.
- Now in case you already have a McAfee account you can log in directly. Additionally, you can create a McAfee account from the register button which also presents on the same page.
- Click register and fill all the details like your email, name, and password for McAfee account.
- Check your email inbox there you will get the confirmation link to confirm your email. Click on that and now you are good to login to your McAfee account.
- Except for it, the direct link to the McAfee register and login portal is below.
- login link and register link – https://home.mcafee.com/secure/protected/login.aspx?rfhs=1
Features of McAfee antivirus
download McAfee with your activation code and get several features:
- PC, mobile and tablet anti-virus Protect your devices from malware, trojans, spyware, cyber attacks, and phishing. Remotely locate, lock, or wipe lost devices.
- Website safety adviser Avoid risky websites and suspicious links. Scan all downloads so you never open dangerous files. Keep personal details hidden online.
- True Key password manager Store all your logins in one place and never forget a password again. Hassle-free logins for all your favorite apps, sites and devices.
- Anti-spam email protection Block unwanted and dangerous emails and prevent your computer from spreading spam to other devices.
- Home network security Identify devices connected to your Wi-Fi and prevent intruders from accessing your home network. Keep your sensitive information secure.
- Social media guard Identify whether friends’ posts are safe to click, flag suspicious links and block malicious sites. Keep social networking fun.
- Parental controls Manage your children’s browsing and protect them from harmful content. Make sure they stay safe online.
- File lock and document encryption Encrypt your documents and lock them in secure digital vaults on your hard drive. Ensure your private files remain private.